The title of “Best solar panel” cannot be categorically given to one particular brand or kind of solar panel. In retrospect, there was a time when solar technology was not as prevalent as it is now in the 21st century. Previously, brands did have the upper hand, but now, there are so many brands and types of solar panels available in the market that no one brand has a chance to dominate.
It is not really the brand name but the technology and execution used in the solar panel manufacturing process that can offer you an amazing 25 years of solar. In different locations and scenarios, different types and brands of solar panels will perform the best. All you have to do is figure out which one is the best fit for your case. You can always ask for our experienced solar experts’ help if struggling.
If you are wondering what are the best solar panels in Victoria and New South Wales or what are the best solar panel in Australia please keep on reading.
Best Solar Panels in Victoria and NSW
There is no such thing as the best solar panel in the residential solar market. The most suitable solar panel is the one that is best suited to your current needs. Even so, there are some solar panels that check all the boxes that an ideal solar panel should have. Among all those, I have selected three solar panel brands for discussion. They are as follows –
Hyundai Solar Panels (UF Series)
Hyundai is a brand that is mostly known for its cars. But they do also manufacture solar panels, which have been claimed to be one of the best in the Australian solar market. Here are some facts about Hyundai solar panels.
Things I Like
- The UF series offers solar shingled cells. With this type of solar panel, the inter-solar cell gaps are minimized; thus, more silicon cells can be adjusted onto the panel’s body. This can result in a higher yield of electricity.
- Protecting the shingled cells, there is a layer of tempered glass. Tempered glass is way less prone to breaking, so you can be at ease with its safety. Also, the body is reinforced with a metal frame.
- As Hyundai is a renowned global brand, you don’t have to worry about them going out of business for the foreseeable future. This should give you confidence in claiming your warranty of 25 years.
- To ensure a greater actual yield over the course of the product’s lifespan, LID (light-induced degradation) and PID (potentially-induced degradation) are both completely excluded.
- With different wattages offered for the UF series, you can enjoy the efficiency of 20.5% to 21.3%, which is easily one of the highest in the industry.
Areas to Improve
- A higher upfront cost can be considered an area for Hyundai to improve. We all want good solar at an affordable price range.
- An extended warranty service.
SunPower (X Residential Series)
- With more than 21% efficiency in the X-series of residential solar panels, you can enjoy the freedom of solar at its best. Of course, not every house would be able to reap the same benefits; just like with any other panels, it depends on your positioning of the house and other factors as well.
- For some homeowners, even if solar seems like a great idea, they tend to shy away from it because of the looks that it gives their home. This series of SunPower panels have some aesthetically pleasing all-black models which leave your home looking sleek.
- SunPower solar panels are constructed with a copper frame, which virtually remains unharmed and is proven to be corrosion-free even if exposed to humidity or hail.
- They offer 25 years of warranty for their panel.
- All the solar cells are generation 3 Maxeon monocrystalline solar cells. This is their patented technology that boasts the highest efficiency rate in the industry.
- If connection hampers with the inverter and it fails to do the DC to AC conversion, sometimes SunPower panels tend to overheat. This overheating can potentially reduce the conversion rate for the time being.
- Ulica solar panels are manufactured in China, and they are a Tier-1 company. Yes, being a Chinese solar company sometimes is not something that a skeptic would appreciate; however, being a tier 1 company, you can be very sure about Ulica as a company.
- Ulica solar panels offer about a 21.9% efficiency rate which is up there in the big leagues.
- Even in low light conditions in case of rain or hailstorm, Ulica solar panels perform amazingly. Not my words; it has been tested and proven.
- They offer additional solar insurance on top of a 12-year product warranty. They also offer 25 years of linear power warranty.
- In extreme heat, solar panels’ performance tends to deteriorate, but Ulica solar panels passed the anti-PID (potential induced degradation) test. This means they perform well even under extreme heat.
- Most solar panel brands offer 25 years of product warranty, but Ulica offers only 12, which is an aspect they can certainly improve.
So, those are a few solar panels discussed above among the top ones currently available in the market. You may also look through our well-thought-out solar packages, which are pre-made bundles of an entire PV system for you to enjoy solar right from the get-go.