(Supply and Installation of solar panels, inverter and batteries)
This warranty applies to the supply and installation of the Solar Panel Modules, Inverters, Batteries and Mounting supplied by SOLAR EMPORIUM PTY LTD.
|Component||Min. Period of Warranty|
|Solar Panel Modules (manufacturing defects)||10 years|
|Solar Panel Modules (regular performance)||25 years|
|Mounting Frame||10 years|
|Retailer Warranty for operation and performance||5 years|
A standard minimum retailer’s warranty period of five years on the operation and performance of the whole solar PV system, including workmanship and products, applies to the Customer by SOLAR EMPORIUM PTY LTD. This warranty period is the minimum applicable to the service component of installation and all products (inverters, panels, electrical components etc.). Certain products, for example, panels and inverters, might have a warranty that exceeds five years and is covered by separate manufacturer warranties for the exceeded period.
- That retailer’s warranty exists over and above the consumer’s rights under consumer guarantees in ACL.
- The consumer is entitled to claim a remedy if the goods or services do not meet a consumer guarantee or retailer’s warranty.
The workmanship warranty covers any defects that arise from the workmanship in installing your solar panels and solar inverter at the premises specified in the solar system installation Agreement.
- For all work except the installation of a switchboard, the workmanship warranty period is 5 years from the date of completion of the installation.
- For work related to the installation of a switchboard, the workmanship warranty period is 1 year from the date of the installation of the switchboard.
SOLAR EMPORIUM PTY LTD will ensure that all complaints are acknowledged within 2 working days of receipt of complaint. A resolution will be sought within 10 working days of receiving the complaint. Sometimes, we might not be able to resolve a complaint within the time frames set out above. If that’s the case, we’ll contact you and explain the reason for the delay and give you a new time frame for resolution. Where the workmanship warranty applies, SOLAR EMPORIUM PTY LTD will either (at its discretion and cost):
- re-do or repair the installation; or
- replace any faulty part with a comparable new or refurbished part so that the installation is no longer defective.
- This warranty will only apply to the original installation of the relevant SOLAR EMPORIUM PTY LTD products and will immediately terminate upon the inappropriate removal/alteration (described in the Limitations and Exclusions section) from the initial installation of such products.
- This warranty will no longer be valid if you fail to comply with all reasonable instructions of SOLAR EMPORIUM PTY LTD in relation to the operation and care of the solar system.
- The Customer is eligible to undertake the repair/fix services of an appropriately skilled, trained & experienced technician. In such instances, the Customer needs to properly communicate the nature of the job and qualification details of the electrician beforehand if the work is done within the warranty period.
- A photovoltaic Solar Panel Module is not conforming with the Minimum Power Output Warranty; SOLAR EMPORIUM PTY LTD may, at its sole option, use re-manufactured, refurbished or new parts when repairing or replacing a photovoltaic Solar Panel Module to bring the aggregate power output to the level required by the Minimum Power Output Warranty. The solar panels removed under this condition will become the property of SOLAR EMPORIUM PTY LTD.
- Limitations and Exclusions:
This warranty will not apply for:
- improper use of the solar system;
- repaired breaks or any damage caused due to works done by an unqualified, unskilled or inexperienced technician;
- your existing electrical installation, wiring or fuse box;
- normal fair wear and tear; corrosion, oxidisation, discolouration by mould where it does not impact on the operation and performance of the whole PV system or represent a product defect;
- any malicious damage or abuse;
- damage caused by vermin, animals or pests;
- damage caused by ‘acts of God’, improper voltage or power surges, accidents or other acts beyond our reasonable control;
- any damage to your property caused by the solar system failing or breaking;
- any alterations to your property which are a necessary consequence of the provision of the installation services and were communicated beforehand; or
- any damage of any kind that was not reasonably foreseeable or that could not have been expected to result from:
- a failure to provide the installation services as required by your agreement with us; and/or
- the installation services failing to meet any consumer guarantee set out in the Australian Consumer Law.
- Claims or questions:
For any claims or questions in relation to this warranty, please contact:
- Head Office: 16 Fastline Road, Truganina, VIC 3029
- NSW Office: 3/340 Chisholm Road Auburn, NSW 2144
- Phone: 1300 063 350
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: solaremporium.com.au
Please retain your sales documentation, as this should be produced to validate a warranty claim.