Inception & Overview of Trina Solar
A Tier 1 Manufacturer
Maximum Efficiency Ratings
How Much Does Trina Solar Cost?
|System Size (kW)||Average cost (fully installed)|
Trina Solar Modules
Trina Vertex Series-
- monocrystalline PERC cells
- Up to 21.2% panel efficiency
- Split-cell/MBB/Bifacial/dual-glass technologies
- Compatible with tracking systems and mainstream inverters
- 0.55% annual degradation rate
- 12-year product warranty
- 25-year performance warranty
- Ideal for residential settings
- Models – Vertex 550W TSM-DE19 MBB / 535 – 555W, Vertex 550W TSM-DEG19C.20 MBB / 530 – 550W, Vertex 600W TSM-DE20 MBB / 585 – 605W, Vertex 600W TSM-DEG20C.20 MBB / 580 – 600W, Vertex TSM-DE18M(II) 1/3-cut, MBB, 480-505W, Vertex TSM-DEG18MC.20(II) Bifacial, 1/3-cut, MBB, 485-505W
Trina Honey Series-
- Half-cut monocrystalline cells
- MBB/ half-cut PERC cell technology
- Up tp 21% module efficiency
- – 0.34%/℃ temperature coefficient
- 0.55% degradation rate
- 0/+5W positive power tolerance
- – 0.34%/K temperature coefficient of Pmax
- Model – Honey M, Honey Black
Trina TallMax Series-
- Half-cell/MBB cell technology
- Up to 21% module efficiency
- 0.55% annual degradation rate
- 12-year product warranty
- 25-year power warranty with 80% power output guarantee
- Resistant to ammonia, acid, and salt
- Ideal for commercial projects
- Models- Tallmax 350-385W – TSM-DE14H(II), Tallmax 5BB, 385-410W – TSM-DE15H(II), Tallmax 9BB, 390-415W – DE15M(II)
Trina Duomax Series-
- Big Cell, 390-415W – DEG15M.20(II)
- Monocrystalline solar cells
- Double-glass/ MBB/ half-cell technologies
- Up tp 20.2% module efficiency
- 0.5% annual degradation rate
- 12-year product quality warranty
- 30-years power warranty with 83% power output guarantee
- Models – Bifacial, MBB, 390-410W -DEG15MC.20(ii), Bifacial, 380-405W – DEG15HC.20(II)
Trina Solar Panel Specifications
|Vertex Series||Honey M Series||Tall MAX M Series||DUOMAX Series|
|Cell Type||Monocrystalline PERC||Monocrystalline N-Type||Monocrystalline N-Type||Monocrystalline N-Type|
|Size||2187 × 1102 × 35 Mm||1763 × 1040 × 35 Mm||2102 × 1040 × 35 Mm||2024 × 1004 × 35mm|
|Features||Monocrystalline PERC Half-Cut Cell Technology For High Efficiency||Monocrystalline Half-Cut Cell Award-Winning Cello Technology For High Efficiency||Monocrystalline Half-Cut Cell Technology For High Efficiency||Monocrystalline Half-Cut Cell Technology For High Efficiency|
|Operational Temperature Range||-34℃ To 90℃||-34℃ To 90℃||-34℃ To 90℃||-34℃ To 90℃|
|Annual Power Degradation||Not More Than 0.55%||Not More Than 0.55%||Not More Than 0.55%||Not More Than 0.55%|
|Product Warranty||12 Years||12 Years||12 Years||12 Years|
|Performance Warranty||25 Years||25 Years||25 Years||30 Years|
Performance & Quality
The annual PV Module Reliability Scorecard Report is produced by PVEL (DNV-GL), a German-based testing facility and one of the world’s leading independent solar module testing and performance services. Various Trina solar panels have consistently scored as a top performer among 20+ of the world’s leading solar brands tested over the last six years. Although Trina solar is not ranked first, instead, it was found among the highest-performing modules in the group, with no degradation or failures.
Improved Quality Control of Trina Solar
Trina Solar, like many other large manufacturers, has had some quality issues over the years. These have mainly resulted from back-sheet degradation and failure, which has resulted in water ingress or PID issues. Fortunately, this is limited to panels sold between 2011 and 2014 and is related to using an alternative back sheet or EVA material during manufacturing.
Recent panels do not appear to have any recorded issues, but this does not rule out the possibility of future flaws. With any large-volume manufacturer, occasional malfunctioning of some panels are inevitable.
Warranty & Better Warranty Support
With every Trina product, you get a standard 12 year product warranty and 25 years performance warranty. This protects against any defects for the first 12 years, as well as the 25-year performance warranty that guarantees an 84% power output rating after 25 years of use. The Vertex and Vertex S panels have a 15-year product warranty with the option to extend it to 25 years, whereas the Vertex S+ panels have a 25-year product warranty and a 30-year performance warranty.
Trina Solar has numerous customer service centers worldwide. Their Australian service office is based in Sydney. Trina’s warranty support has significantly improved too. It came with a much higher level of service in case of a warranty claim. Trina’s service and support service were average a couple of years ago. The most recent feedback from solar professionals reviewed Trina as one of the top performers for warranty claims.
Comparison between Trina, Jinko & REC solar panels
|Product name||Trina Vertex Series||REC Alpha Series||Jinko Tiger series|
|Cell Number||110 – 150 solar cells||120 half-cut solar cells||156 half-cut cells|
|Cell Type||Monocrystalline||PERC Heterojunction||Monocrystalline/ N-type|
|Power Output||480 – 600W||380W||450 – 470W|
|Company average turnover (USD)||$3.15 billion||$820 million||$3.2 billion|
|Annual Power Degradation||0.45 – 0.55%||0.0025||0.004|
|Number of busbars||Multi-busbar||16||9|
|Approximate costs per watt (AUD retail incl GST)||0.65||1||0.73|
|Approximate cost per module (AUD retail incl GST)||200||371||258|
|Dimensions||2,394mm × 1,096mm × 35mm||1,721mm × 1,016mm × 30mm||2,205mm × 1,032mm × 40mm|
|Weight||28.6 – 35.3kg||19.5kg||26.5kg|
|Product Warranty||12 years||20 years (25 if installed by a REC certified installer)||15 years|
|Performance Warranty||25 years||25 years||30 years|
|Operational Temperature Range||-40~+85℃||-40℃ – 85℃||45 ± 3℃|
Is Trina Solar the Best Option?
Their revolutionary technology of half-cut panels boosts solar production. Cutting the panel in half allows the top and bottom halves to operate independently. Meaning shade cover on one half will not affect the other. Trina’s residential panels are both half-cell panels, making either one ideal for your home.
Trina Solar is the best option for all purposes. Their cost-effectiveness is the best example of value for money. But don’t just go with our words. Let the facts speak for themselves.
To buy Trina Solar Panels go to Solar Emporium and get a free quote. For more in-depth content like Trina solar panel review, visit our page.