Table of content
- Is ABB A Good Brand?
- ABB and FIMER Partnership
- Where Is ABB Solar Inverter Manufactured?
- Different Types of ABB Solar Inverter Available in the Australian Market
- Side by Side Comparison of ABB Inverters
- Advantages and Disadvantages of ABB Inverter
- Monitoring System in ABB inverter
- Performance and Efficiency of ABB Inverter
- Warranty of ABB Inverter
- ABB Inverter- Is It Any Good?
Is ABB A Good Brand?
There are over 20 different laboratories at the site supporting production, R&D and customer applications. And you won’t believe it, but the factory produces some 200,000 variations of frequency converters and solar inverters each year! Unbelievable, isn’t it?
ABB and FIMER Partnership
Where Is ABB Solar Inverter Manufactured?
Different Types of ABB Solar Inverter Available in the Australian Market
- It is a single-phase solar inverter that is best for residential systems.
- Each inverter is set to specific grid codes, which can be selected in the field.
- Wide input range and high-efficiency values.
- Natural convection cooling for maximum reliability.
- Maximum voltage range is up to 600V-800V.
- The maximum efficiency rate is up to 97.30% to 98.40%.
- The Euro inverter efficiency rate is 97.5%.
- It is IP65 rated best suited for Australia’s weather.
- The user interface is Display (2×16 line LCD).
- The weight of these inverters is 12 kilograms.
- It is easy to install; the Plug and Play connectors, both on the DC and AC side as well as on the RS485 communication port, makes a simple, fast and safe installation.
- It is an extremely lightweight and compact single-phase string inverter, weighing only 15 kilograms.
- Power rating from 3.3 to 5.0 kW
- It has got an environmental protection rating of IP65.
- Maximum efficiency rate is 97% to 97.4%.
- The Euro efficiency is 96.5% to 97%.
- It’s easy to install; the presence of Plug & Play connectors makes the installation hassle-free.
- It has an improved user experience because of a built-in User Interface (UI). Which allows access to features such as advanced inverter configuration settings, dynamic feed-in control and load manager from any WLAN enabled devices- such as smartphones, tablets or PC.
- Dual input section with independent MPPT.
- Remote monitoring via Aurora Vision® cloud.
- Wireless access to the embedded Web User Interface.
ABB React 2 PV + Storage
- The AC grid type is a single-phase inverter.
- It’s ‘battery ready’; you can turn your regular inverter into a hybrid one whenever you want to.
- It’s photovoltaic energy storage system that allows to store the excess amount of energy and optimise that energy use in residential applications.
- Power rating is up to 3.6 kW to 5.0 kW.
- Its Li-Ion battery offers a wide storage capacity; that can be expanded from 4 kWh to 12 kWh.
- Battery units can be upgraded anytime during the lifetime of a system.
- Quick and easy to install both on inverter and battery side due to the simple plug and play connection.
- The operating DC voltage range is from 170-570V.
- It has got IP65 rating for protection against harsh weather.
- Can be monitored remotely with a dedicated mobile app.
- The temperature range is from -20֯ C to +50֯ C.
- It’s a three-phase bridge topology for DC/AC output converter.
- MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) voltage ranges from 440-800 V.
- IP65 verified.
- Its weight is 70-75 kilograms.
- Compatible with ABB 15/25kW WIND-INTERFACE.
- Max efficiency is 98.2%; Euro efficiency is 98%.
- Noise Level is < 50 dB(A).
- The operating temperature is -25 ~ +60 ℃.
Side by Side Comparison of ABB Inverters
|Models||ABB UNO -2.0/3.0/3.6/4.2-TL-OUTD||ABB UNO-DM-3.3/4.0/4.6/5.0-TL-PLUS||ABB React 2 PV + Storage||ABB TRIO-20.0/27.6-TL-OUTD|
|Battery Ready Option||No||No||Yes||No|
|Display Type||LCD||Not specified||Not specified||Not specified|
|Rated AC Power Output||2000-4200 Watt||3300-5000 Watt||3600-5000 Watt||20000-27600 Watt|
|Maximum AC Output Current||10-20A||14.5-22A||16-22A||33-45A|
|Maximum DC Voltage||600-850||360||575||620|
|Maximum Inverter Efficiency||97.50%||97.00%||97.70%||98.20%|
|Dimensions(W’D’D)||553*418*175 mm||553*418*175 mm||740*490*229 mm||1061*702*292 mm|
|Water and Dust Proof Certification||IP65||IP65||IP65||IP65|
|Warranty||5 Years||5 Years||5 Years||5 Years|
Advantages and Disadvantages of ABB Inverter
- Great efficiency of about 97%, and that too at an affordable price. Best for those who are looking for quality on a budget.
- Higher efficiency leads to less heating, and my friend, it increases the longevity of ABB inverters.
- It’s lightweight and compact, which makes it easier for you to install.
- All of the ABB inverters are IP65 rated, which is perfect for the rainy weather in Australia. Also, the Plug-in connectors stop the water or condensation from entering through the defective channel.
- The inverters are equipped with built-in Wi-Fi enabling system or its dongle based, therefore it makes your life so much easier.
- The inverters are CEC (Clean Energy Council) approved.
- There are a variety of models for you to choose from.
- ABB inverters get a bit warm as the cooling system operates through natural convection. Therefore, it relies heavily on the heat sink on the back.
- ABB’s monitoring system is not that precise and detailed. It merely shows you information of individual string outputs and voltage.
Monitoring System in ABB inverter
VSN700-01 data logger is for residential purposes and is good only when you will need to monitor up to 5 single-phase inverters.
VSN700-03 is a cost-effective data logger for small commercial installations up to 10 single and three-phase string inverters.
VSN700-05 data logger offers you both data management and inverter command and control for commercial and utility PV system operations.
Therefore, this VSN700 data logger supports all ABB inverters, weather stations; Modbus TCP gateway for SCADA integration; two RS485 inputs, two Ethernet interfaces; external power supply (wall plug) for Australia. And 30 days of local data storage; lifetime standard level access to Aurora Vision monitoring portal and what not!!